- Darwin (Community Services) location – Fulltime (Fixed Term)
- Be at the heart of our vital work in Indigenous primary healthcare
- Attractive salary and opportunities to learn and progress
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and passionate Mental Health Clinician to join our team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by listening to, and building trust with, our clients and the wider community. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the opportunity:
You will make a real impact with us, connecting our health practitioners and wider team with our clients and community. You’ll join a united team, truly dedicated to our mission.
Your role will involve providing high quality mental health and social and emotional wellbeing services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults and children.
These services may include clients presenting with a broad range of issues including wellbeing, self-esteem, depression, anxiety, mood disorders, anger and conflict management, grief and loss, stress related physical illness, sleep concerns, domestic violence, relationship concerns and evidence based therapeutic interventions.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to grow your skills and progress your career
As part of this role, you will:
- Direct caseload: provide appropriate social and emotional wellbeing services to clients;
- Provide evidence-based, culturally appropriate interventions (including assessment, therapy and case management) on individual, group and family levels;
- Develop, implement and deliver contemporary models of holistic mental health and social and emotional wellbeing services including psychological interventions, counselling, support and advocacy services in clinic settings;
- Support improvements to the community needs-driven distribution of services, including the development of new service models in response to national Aboriginal health and mental health reform directions;
- Contribute to the implementation of clinical guidelines and standards related to professional services within the area of mental health and social and emotional wellbeing;
- Contribute to research and undertake quality evaluation at program or professional network level.
Are you the right person?
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work; Psychology or Occupational Therapy and/or similar professions along with current registration with AHPRA or practicing membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers;
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal children and families, youth and adults and those affected by Stolen Generations’ policies and practices;
- Demonstrated knowledge of current issues, standards and trends in the delivery of mental health and social and emotional wellbeing services to Aboriginal peoples;
- Demonstrated extensive recent experience in the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation methods appropriate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with clients, carers and other professionals from diverse cultures;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written reports of a high standard and;
- Proficiency in and commitment to the use of electronic information systems for the maintenance of clinical and service delivery records.
- Accredited to provide mental health interventions under Medicare
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Mathews David on 0408 732 209 or at Mathews.David@ddhs.org.au
Applications close: 10 August 2020
Mental Health Clinician