- Darwin location, Full-Time
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced Finance and Contracts Officer to join our Finance Team. This role works in a small team providing functional support in achieving unified goals for compliance and reporting purposes. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us:
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and coordinating the contracts database facility and the administrative actions of Grant funding requirements. Functional finance experience is required as there is a rotational requirement of duties.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Responsibilities include:
- Maintain the contracts database software system in a timely manner, ensuring that it is an accurate and comprehensive record of all contracts at all times
- Manage the accounts receivable function for contract funding
- Grant funding reconciliation on a monthly and annual basis
- General ledger reconciliations
- Managing records and receipts, processing invoices and payments
- Assist with month end procedures and reporting
- Maintain invoicing schedule for income due
- Liaise with finance colleagues to set up new suppliers / customers and new service delivery codes
- Liaise with Executive Managers, Service Delivery Managers and external parties as required to facilitate the maintenance of the contracts database, scheduled submissions, invoicing and other relevant obligations.
- General contract administration including meeting reporting requirements, acquittals, variations and recording of submissions for funding including annual Department of Health Action Plan and budgets.
- Follow up with relevant managers for periodic reporting requirements and liaise with the Chief Financial Officer and other relevant stakeholders to produce accurate and timely reports.
- Maintaining and monitoring of the grants funding database (ISOPro) and providing detailed reports to the Chief Financial Officer on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the contracts email records and administration of the email facility.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated minimum experience of five years in financial accounting processes;
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration with the ability to monitor funding milestones, coordination of reporting, documentation of submissions, and compliance with funding schedules;
- Very high level of attention to detail for interpreting grant/tender guidelines, reporting and financial reconciliations;
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills with proven ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines while remaining calm under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a productive team member within a multidisciplinary team in a cross cultural and complex environment;
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, including experience using financial accounting software and Microsoft suite of applications;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Beverley Wenitong on 08 8942 5400 or email at email@example.com
- Position Description
Finance & Contract Officer
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 01 February 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org