- Darwin location, Full Time (Fixed-Term)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
If you are someone that is passionate about the delivery of a range of programs, activities, tools and skills to assist Indigenous Youth by addressing the impact that issues have on their emotional and social situations. This is the role for you!
Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
You will provide high quality youth work including but not limited to support and advocacy, case management, outreach services and program/community development.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Responsibilities include:
- Youth services and program/community development
- Plan, develop and implement programs and activities that are culturally safe and responsive to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth and the community.
- Participate in maintaining standards that will ensure the highest qualities of practice.
- Participate in relevant policy development, project work and service evaluation.
- Provide outreach work and be willing to work hours that maximize Indigenous youth access to programs and activities.
- Advocate on clients behalf and make appropriate referrals to other agencies.
- Attend and participate in individual and group supervision and other staff meetings.
- Work in partnerships with appropriate counselling and/or psychological services.
- Establish links and develop relationships with youth sector agencies to complement and enhance programs and activities.
- Effectively engage with Indigenous young people to build positive relationships.
- Plan, manage and review case work.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and a working knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal children and families, in particular those who have come into contact with the youth justice and child protection systems;
- Demonstrated recent experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people to improve social and emotional health outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people, particularly youth.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed approaches/practices/knowledge and/or willingness to do training in that specific area.
- Proficiency in and commitment to the use of electronic information systems for the maintenance of clinical and service delivery records.
- Experience in the development and implementation of community programs
- Relevant formal qualifications in youth work, community development or other related area.
- This is an ATSI Male identified position.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Jenon Batty on 08 8942 5400 or at email@example.com
- Position Description
Youth Engagement Officer PD
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by COB 10 May 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org