- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural, and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
You will oversee the delivery of quality, culturally sensitive, comprehensive primary health care services allied health and specialist services. This role will also look explore a range of new services and programs within DDHS.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Some of your responsibilities include:
- Deliver a smoking cessation and support program appropriate to the officer’s skill level to Indigenous people in clinic and outreach settings.
- Deliver health promotion and education information and activities at school and community events.
- Participate in influencing smoke free households particularly in those where children reside.
- Assist the Senior Program Officer Tackling Indigenous Smoking to deliver tobacco control social marketing campaigns and events.
- Influence and engage with the Tackling Indigenous Smoking National Best Practice Unit to ensure effective smoking control outcomes for DDHS clients.
- Are you the right person?
You will have:
- Demonstrated ability to interact and engage with Aboriginal people, with sensitivity to Aboriginal culture, history, and current social impacts on them.
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills to plan, manage and prioritise tasks and resources to deliver outcomes within time and budget considerations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, cope with pressure and able to meet tight timelines.
- Sound public speaking skills or confidence to speak publicly to large groups.
- The ability to interact and effectively engage with a range of administrative staff, medical practitioners, nurses, and other health professionals and external agencies.
- Demonstrated computer skills especially in the use of client information systems or similar.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Jenon Batty on 08 8942 5400 or at email@example.com
- Position Description
Tobacco Action Officer
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by COB 10 May 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org