- About us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the opportunity
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced individual to join our Clinical Programs team as the Occupational Therapist. Take on an important role improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Providing Information of the National Disabilities Scheme and services clients can access under the NDIS.
- Providing appropriate information and assistance consistent with the requirements of the role (this may be in the client’s home or clinic setting)
- Maintaining quality client medical records
- Understand how the social determinants of health (environment, economic and social inequalities) have a profound impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
- Employ a holistic, culturally appropriate approach to the client, drawing out cultural or social issues which may be impacting the client.
- In consultation with other team members, work to develop and implement solutions to client needs (e.g. referral to relevant service providers for support regarding accommodation, finances, well-being and daily living, etc.)
- Provide information to the broader DDHS Team of the practical realities facing the client to build a culturally sensitive health plan which increases client ownership and self-determination.
- Use sensitive communication (yarning) approaches to check a client’s understanding of their issues and any medical treatment or medications required to improve their health.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- A Current registration with AHPRA and the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Knowledge of the social determinants of health (environment, economic and social inequalities) that have a profound impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of varied Occupational Therapy methods of assessment, treatment, and evaluation.
- High level oral and written communication skills, ability to manage a clinical case load and time effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to use culturally sensitive ways to ensure improved client access to NDIS and/or other NDIA Community Engagement Activities.
- Demonstrated ability in undertaking assessments to support client referrals to the NDIS Scheme.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality and a high level of accuracy.
- Proven teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to constructively negotiate outcomes with a diverse range of people and service providers.
- High level of personal resilience and flexibility with the ability to deal with challenging situations.
For further information, please contact Carla Priest on 08 8942 5400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Description
Occupational Therapist PD
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 07 December 2020 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com