- Darwin location, Full Time
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced Transport Officer to join our Darwin Clinic Team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The successful candidate will be one of the first points of contact for clients of Danila Dilba Health Service, and is responsible for the day to day transportation of Danila Dilba Health Service clients to and from appointments.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Plan transport route to ensure that an efficient and effective timetable is kept
- Enforce a time limit of no longer than 5-10 minutes per client (this may need to be longer for frail, aged or disabled clients)
- Assist where required frail, aged or disabled clients to and from their premises to the bus, and from the bus into the service area (e.g. clinic)
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Current NT drivers licence with a minimum of C Class;
- Sound oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds
- Demonstrated computer literacy, with experience using Microsoft Office Suite;
- Reliable and punctual with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a busy environment, cope with pressure and prioritise workload effectively;
- Ability to operate effectively within a team as well as an ability to work unsupervised, and to be proactive and show initiative within the workplace;
- Awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Tiana McCoy on 0400 458 159 at Tiana.McCoy@ddhs.org.au
- Position Description
To download the selection criteria, please
Download Selection Criteria here
- Close Date
Applications must be submitted by 28 September 2020 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
• Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
• Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org