- Darwin location, Full Time (Fixed Term)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for a dedicated and experienced Registered Nurse to join our Respiratory Clinic. This is your chance to be part of a truly innovative health service in the youth justice setting. As a GP working in a diverse multidisciplinary team, you will gain experience in a well-supported but challenging clinical environment. Make a genuine difference to the lives of young people in the Northern Territory. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the role:
The successful candidate will assess and test clients for mild-to-moderate respiratory conditions, including COVID-19, influenza and pneumonia in all symptomatic clients within the Darwin Region.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Provide clinical services to clients in the acute setting while applying the principles of Infection Control measures in accordance with national guidelines of Covid-19 and GP Respiratory Clinic
- Assist General Practitioners and other medical staff to provide comprehensive care to clients at the Respiratory Clinic
- Participate in screening, recall, follow up and referral processes for respiratory/potential covid-19 clients.
- Use provided Covid-19 protocols to assess, triage and treat patients
- Utilise the Communicare/hot docs/rhino and respiratory client management system, HIC online and other associated systems to ensure that client records are maintained accurately and meet all legal obligations.
- Provide or reinforce accurate infection prevention and control and public health information, including too concerned people who have neither symptoms nor risk. Obtain feedback from the patient, carer and community to check that the information and advice was correctly understood.
- Advocate for and represent the interests of Danila Dilba locally and nationally.
- Conduct all activities in a manner consistent with Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare guidelines.
Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration as a Nurse with AHPRA with a minimum 3 years relevant clinical experience.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, liaison, negotiation and conflict resolution with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds;
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of Primary Health Care within Indigenous Health;
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team, with strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks;
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Word and Excel (or similar) as well as the ability to use clinical practice software;
- Demonstrated high standard of written skills in the preparation of detailed reports, general correspondence and documentations with an understanding of confidentiality.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
Please ensure that you provide a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current resume.
For further information, please contact Sharni Cardona on 0427 109 425 or at Sharni.Cardona@ddhs.org.au
Applications close: 10 August 2020