- Darwin location, Full Time (Fixed-Term up to 3 years)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
Are you looking for an exciting leadership role. Are you someone that is passionate about designing and delivering quality, culturally sensitive, comprehensive primary health care services? Then this is the role for you!
Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
About the role
You will have responsibility for the design, development and delivery of quality, culturally sensitive, comprehensive primary health care clinical services.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Supervise operational and clinical services staff.
- Ensure streamlining of allied health and specialist services
- Assist staff with the visiting health professionals and specialists
- Ensure data, reporting and compliance obligations are met
- Monitor operational budget and ensure purchases are within budget
- Monitor and ensure maintenance of stocks and equipment
- Effectively manage complaints from a range of stakeholders
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive Management experience in general healthcare operations or clinical practice that meet national health accreditation standards
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage human resources, finances and projects
- Proven skills in relationship management, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution with the ability to work constructively with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds and multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven cross-cultural competence relevant to the DDHS environment.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal health issues and understanding of Aboriginal history, culture and aspirations and the role of community-controlled health organisations
- Proven ability in preparing a range of quality documentation including reports, letters, policies and procedures.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Rodger Williams on 08 8942 5400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Description
Regional Manager PD
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by COB 10 May 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com