- Darwin location – Fulltime
- Be at the heart of our vital work in Indigenous primary healthcare
- Attractive salary and opportunities to learn and progress
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and passionate Professional to join our leadership team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by listening to, and building trust with, our clients and the wider community. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the opportunity:
You will make a real impact with us, connecting our health practitioners and wider team with our clients and community. You’ll join a united team, truly dedicated to our mission.
This position is responsible for leading the design, development and delivery of quality, culturally sensitive, comprehensive primary health care clinical services at DDHS Health Clinics and contribute to DDHS whole of services. Oversees service delivery and customer relationships within the Darwin region, with a view to maximise revenue. Leads the frontline employees within the Clinic(s) to drive results.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to grow your skills and progress your career
As part of this role, you will:
- Engages with the leadership team to understand long-term strategic challenges and how to achieve strategic objectives through service delivery.
- Develop a comprehensive policy framework for the region clinics, then oversees implementation within the organisation.
- Take responsibility for fulfilling annual business plans for the clinics in the region by effectively leading a large team of frontline employees
- Take responsibility for developing and delivering the financial management and/or control systems of the Clinic(s).
- Develop short and long term objectives for employees and take responsibility for implementing and coordinating a performance development culture for the Clinic(s).
Are you the right person?
- Extensive proven management experience in general healthcare operations or clinical practice that meet national health accreditation standards
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage human resources, finances and projects
- Proven skills in relationship management, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution with the ability to work constructively with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds and multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven cross-cultural competence relevant to the DDHS environment.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal health issues and understanding of Aboriginal history, culture and aspirations and the role of community controlled health organisations
- Proven ability in preparing a range of quality documentation including reports, letters, policies and procedures
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Rodger Williams on 0421 484 722 or at Rodger.Williams@ddhs.org.au
Applications close: 10 August 2020
Download Selection Criteria Here