- Darwin location, Full-Time (Fixed Term - 12 months)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced individual to join our Clinical Programs team as the Psychologist. Take on an important role improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of an integrated and culturally appropriate mental health and social and emotional well-being that meets the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of innovations to improve effectiveness and the efficiency of mental health and well-being service delivery.
- Providing supportive and professional leadership to NT PHN Suicide Prevention Program.
- Maintaining quality client medical records.
- Understand how the social determinants of health (environment, economic and social inequalities) have a profound impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
- Employ a holistic, culturally appropriate approach to the client, drawing out cultural or social issues which may be impacting the client.
- Create clear clinical governance structures across all related programs.
- Actively participate in DDHS’ Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) processes to ensure improved quality and service delivery outcomes.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology.
- A Current registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a culturally safe manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, carers, and communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- A sophisticated understanding of the complexity of the service system and the issues in providing services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People .
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families who are at risk of self-harm and OR suicide OR have been exposed to these risks.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation and advice to clinicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage in an area of challenging and complex practice.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Carla Priest on 08 8942 5400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 22 February 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com