- Darwin location – Fulltime
- Be at the heart of our vital work in Youth Diversion
- Attractive salary and opportunities to learn and progress
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Program Coordinator to join our Youth Diversion team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by listening to, and building trust with, our clients and the wider community. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the opportunity
You will make a real impact with us, connecting our health practitioners and wider team with our clients and community. You’ll join a united team, truly dedicated to our mission.
The Program coordinator is responsible for the daily operations and activities of the Youth Diversion Program This role will coordinate the referral and case management for youth engaged in formal youth diversion, and/or at risk of offending or entering the youth justice system. You will also be responsible for the development and implementation of a range of programs within DDHS aimed at supporting young people to successfully complete the Youth Diversion program.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to grow your skills and progress your career
As part of this role, you will:
- Effectively manage a team by articulating expected standards of performance, providing effective feedback and coaching staff that need development.
- Establish, build and maintain external agency networks to improve service delivery and enhance collaborative working relationships with service providers, other community service agencies and stakeholders.
- Apply specific workplace communication techniques to establish rapport, exchange information and facilitate the resolution of any issues with staff, clients and colleagues as required.
- Hold supervision with staff for the purpose of debriefing, identifying training needs and evaluating client service delivery.
- Develop, manage and oversee all case work activities and processes in collaboration with clients and staff.
- Deal with challenging and/or threatening behaviours and maintain safety through effective response to potential or actual critical situations.
- Maintain a positive work environment along with harmonious and cooperative relationships with fellow employees, management and clients.
- Are you the right person?
- Demonstrated leadership and organisational abilities to understand people matters relevant to the operation of the program
- Demonstrated ability to develop, facilitate and monitor all aspects of case management and coordinate complex case requirements.
- Previous experience in supporting staff through the provision of debriefing and/or other strategies required to improve resilience and stress levels among staff supporting clients with highly complex needs and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a track-record building and maintaining collaborative relationships with a wide range of internal and external clients, partners and stakeholders in an environment requiring cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal children and families, youth and adults.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Jenon Batty (Team Leader) on 0408 278 467 or email Jenon.Batty@ddhs.org.au
- Position Description
Download Selection Criteria Here
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 28 September 2020 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues please contact email@example.com