- Darwin location, Full Time (Fixed Term)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for a dedicated and experienced Program Coordinator to join our Community Services Team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the role:
The successful candidate will work within Danila Dilba Health Service (DDHS), whilst liaising closely with Northern Territory Primary Health Network (NT PHN) Suicide Prevention Team. This role has responsibility to provide program management and promote the National Suicide Prevention Trials activities and programs.
The role will also be responsible to support the development of transitioning some key NSPT activities from NT PHN to Danila Dilba. Ensuring an evidence-based approach to designing and commissioning services or activities, it is expected that this role will develop detailed knowledge of these programs’ contractual requirements and deliverables.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- To transition key components of the NSPT activities from NT PHN to be led by Danila Dilba.
- Coordination and promotion of the National Suicide Prevention Trial Activities and Programs.
- Applying the strategic, evidence-based commissioning framework and best practice service delivery design principles when co-designing health programs.
- Managing a specific health portfolio ensuring that programs meet funding requirements and operate within the designated program guidelines and that contractual obligations are met.
- Effective contribution to procurement and evaluation activities, program specification and contract development, reporting and compliance functions, stakeholder engagement, contract and performance management as required.
- Applying evidence-based knowledge and understanding of specific health programs, community and population needs, service issues, clinical pathways and governance when undertaking health commissioning activities.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with stakeholders, including internal and external clients, partners, funding providers, and other relevant stakeholders, building a shared commitment to service excellence and health outcomes.
- Facilitating integration among service providers.
- Liaising and providing regular updates with NT PHN Suicide Prevention Team.
- Ensuring key components of the ‘Strengthening our Sprits’ model is being implemented within the NSPT programs and activities.
- Providing support to assist NT PHN with the monitoring and evaluation of the NSPT activities.
- Other duties as required.
Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and have:
- Proven program management skills and experience in service development and implementation to meet funding requirements and contractual obligations.
- Ability to work across teams and organisations, focusing on developing innovative and practical solutions and program outcomes.
- Problem solving capability, analytical skills and proven ability to contribute to evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a track-record building and maintaining collaborative relationships with a wide range of internal and external clients, partners and stakeholders in an environment requiring cultural sensitivity.
- Understanding of the primary health care sector including rural and remote services, Aboriginal health and cross-cultural health service delivery.
- Highly desired to have relevant tertiary health qualifications or additional knowledge and experience in mental health and suicide prevention.
- A sound knowledge of the Northern Territory health system and associated priority health needs.
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
Interested? See Position Description below
Program Coordinator (National Suicide Prevention) Position Description
Please ensure that you provide a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current resume.
For further information, please contact Joseph Knuth on 0417 404 419 or at Joseph.Knuth@ddhs.org.au
Applications close: 20 June 2020