- Darwin location, Full Time (Fixed Term - 12 months)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Pharmacist to join our expanding team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
You will be responsible for managing, leading, and developing medicines services at Danila Dilba Health Service (DDHS) to ensure delivery of a high quality and culturally appropriate service which promotes and maintains the effective use of medicines.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Manage and coordinate internal medicines services pertinent to DDHS and consistent with national and international best practice frameworks and in accordance with DDHS policy and procedures and within allocated budget.
- Maintain and update where necessary the Danila Dilba Medicines Guidelines and medicines related policies and procedures.
- Comply with relevant pharmacist legislation in all areas of practise including following standard operating procedure and NT medicines and poisons advice for DDHS.
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvement activities including accreditation, effective monitoring, auditing, and review and reporting processes.
- Actively participate in medicines related programs such as QUMAX and Home and Residential Medicines Reviews.
- Develop and promote activities aimed at improving pharmacy services in the community.
- Liaise with key stake holders such as Healthy Living NT to improve access to NDSS products for DDHS clients.
- Counsel clients on effective use of medications as required.
- Understand and apply demographics, epidemiology, public health problems and health needs of special groups, including the impact of socio-economic, political, work, spiritual and cultural backgrounds on health.
- Support Community and Health promotion services within DDHS and wider general community as requested.
- Are you the right person?
You will have:
- A degree qualification in Pharmacy and registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- A minimum of 3 years contemporary pharmacy experience and demonstrated ability to maintain currency of clinical knowledge.
- Proven capacity to coordinate pharmacy services and manage staff and budgets
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated capacity to develop practical, innovative solutions to complex multifaceted problems.
- Experience in communicating effectively in a variety of settings with clients and carers from a diverse range of cultural and social backgrounds.
- Experience in and knowledge of the legislation and policies which impact on delivery of health services in regional and remote Australia.
- Experience in the provision of continuing education to healthcare staff.
- An understanding of and experience in the principles of Continuous Quality Improvement and Occupational Health and Safety and how they relate to medicines services.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Andrew Webster on 08 8942 5400 or at email@example.com
- Position Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 22 February 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org