- Various Clinics – Fulltime
- Be at the heart of our vital work in Indigenous primary healthcare
- Attractive salary and opportunities to learn and progress
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and passionate Paediatrician to join our team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by listening to, and building trust with, our clients and the wider community. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the opportunity:
You will make a real impact with us, connecting our health practitioners and wider team with our clients and community. You’ll join a united team, truly dedicated to our mission.
Provide clinical leadership to a wide range of clinicians working with children, specifically aiming to drive access to culturally appropriate, high quality, comprehensive paediatric health services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients of Danila Dilba Health Service. This role will have a focus on developmental paediatrics / general paediatrics and will work as part of an integrated, multidisciplinary child health team.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to grow your skills and progress your career
As part of this role, you will:
- Participate in provision of specialist paediatric services across DDHS
- Participate in paediatric service towards the vision of creating and sustaining a nation-leading culturally appropriate child health service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- Support specialist General Practitioners through the provision of advice, case conferencing and review of referred clients
- Be effective and efficient in ensuring timely billing for Medicare payments.
- Work as part of the multidisciplinary primary health care team of GPs, Nurses, Aboriginal Health Practitioners and the DDHS child health team (including psychologist, speech pathologist and occupational therapist)
Are you the right person?
- Extensive proven management experience in general healthcare operations or clinical practice that meet national health accreditation standards
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage human resources, finances and projects
- Proven skills in relationship management, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution with the ability to work constructively with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds and multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven cross-cultural competence relevant to the DDHS environment.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal health issues and understanding of Aboriginal history, culture and aspirations and the role of community controlled health organisations
- Proven ability in preparing a range of quality documentation including reports, letters, policies and procedures
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Andrew Webster on 0429 022 722 or at Andrew.Webster@ddhs.org.au
Applications close: 10 August 2020
Download Selection Criteria Here