- Darwin location, Full Time
- For cultural appropriateness this position is a male identified role
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced male, Medical Receptionist to join our Men’s Clinic Team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the role:
The successful candidate will provide high quality reception and administrative support to the clients and medical staff of Danila Dilba Health Service.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Provide receptionist duties to clients presenting to Danila Dilba Health Service clinics.
- Provide administrative support duties for all health practitioners within the clinics, including faxing, filing, photocopying, scanning and taking messages.
- Coordinate client appointments including booking, confirming, cancelling, rescheduling as required.
- Coordinate booking recall list as delegated; and review and action relevant recalls.
- Undertake SMS contacts.
- Monitor and follow up on missed call report.
- Monitor pathology pickups.
- Coordinate transport pickups.
- Undertake Medicare processes as required.
- Undertake PIPs/My e-Health Record sign ups.
- Monitor stationery/stock and order as per established procedures.
- Other administrative duties as directed.
Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) or extensive experience in a similar role
- The ability to interact with a variety of practitioners, internal and external
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history
- Proven experience in Windows based systems (Word, Excel), and experience using a patient information database
- The ability to work in a busy environment and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Proven good oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
Interested? Position description below
Medical Receptionist PD
Please ensure that you provide a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current resume.
For further information, please contact Sharni Cardona 0427 109 425 at Sharni.Cardona@ddhs.org.au
Applications close: 20 June 2020