- Darwin location – Fulltime (Fixed Term)
- Be at the heart of our vital work in Indigenous primary healthcare
- Attractive salary and opportunities to learn and progress
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and passionate Medical Receptionist to join our Respiratory Clinic team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by listening to, and building trust with, our clients and the wider community. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the opportunity:
You will make a real impact with us, connecting our health practitioners and wider team with our clients and community. You’ll join a united team, truly dedicated to our mission.
Your role will involve providing triaging assistance to clients for Covid-19 symptoms under the supervision of medical staff. Data and medical stock management to adhere to national respiratory clinic guidelines.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to grow your skills and progress your career
As part of this role, you will:
- Provide receptionist duties to clients presenting to Danila Dilba Health Service Respiratory Clinic
- Provide administrative support duties for all health practitioners within the clinics, including faxing, filing, photocopying,
- scanning and taking messages
- triaging client for Covid-19 symtoms
- Coordinate client appointments including booking, confirming, cancelling, rescheduling as required
- Coordinate booking recall list as delegated; and review and action relevant recalls
- Undertake SMS contacts
- Monitor and follow up on missed call report
- Monitor pathology pick ups
- Monitor stationery/ medical stock and order as per established procedures
- Are you the right person?
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) or similar
- Demonstrated recent experience as a Medical Receptionist
- The ability to interact with a variety of practitioners, internal and external
- Understanding of the Medicare Benefits schedule
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history
- Proven experience in Windows based systems (Word, Excel), and experience using a patient information database
- The ability to work in a busy environment and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Proven good oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Sharni Cardona on 0427 109 425 or at Sharni.Cardona@ddhs.org.au
Applications close: 10 August 2020
Medical Receptionist - Respiratory Clinic