- About us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the opportunity
The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership and management to the Social and Emotional Well-Being Team (SEWB). You will lead the team in developing, implementing, and reviewing programs and ensure that services delivered are professional, ethical, and culturally appropriate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Clients.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Lead, manage and provide high level coordination to the operations of relevant programs to ensure the provision of quality, timely and consistent services to improve Social & Emotional Well-being of DDHS clients.
- Employ a holistic, culturally appropriate approach to the client, drawing out cultural or social issues which may be impacting the client.
- Create clear structures and clinical parameters across SEWB Team and for clinical staff.
- Establish clear referral pathways for clients into the primary health care clinics, DDHS Kids, Mental health nurse and other relevant programs external and internal.
- Provide information to the broader DDHS Team of the practical realities facing the client to build a culturally sensitive health plan which increases client ownership and self-determination.
- Maintaining quality client medical records
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Mental Health Nursing or Psychology along with a current registration with AHPRA.
- Credentialed Mental Health Nurse (CMHN) or practicing membership of the Australian Psychology Society.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in mental health and social and emotional well-being assessment, treatment and rehabilitation methods appropriate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social determinants of health (environment, economic and social inequalities) that have a profound impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability leading a team including counselling professionals; social workers; psychologists and support workers.
- High level oral and written communication skills and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds.
For further information, please contact Sharni Cardona on 08 8942 5400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Description
Manager (SEWB) PD
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 19 April 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com