- Darwin location, Full Time (Fixed-term, 2 years)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
If you are someone that is passionate about leading the design, development, and delivery of culturally sensitive primary health care services in around the allied health and specialist service space. This is the role for you!
Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the opportunity
About the role
You will oversee the delivery of quality, culturally sensitive, comprehensive primary health care services allied health and specialist services. This role will also look explore a range of new services and programs within DDHS.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Manage broad range of social and health professionals in provision of integrated care and outcomes.
- Lead change management and innovation underpinned by principles of quality integrated, person centred and value for care.
- Actively participate in integrated internal strategic and business and program planning activities and KPIs
- Apply best practice service design, delivery and evaluation including timely monitoring of performance towards outcomes.
- Actively participate in DDHS’ Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) processes to ensure ongoing quality and service delivery outcomes.
- Manage funding agreements, program budgets and allocation of resources to deliver value for care and outcomes
- Are you the right person?
- Qualifications in primary health care including service and program design and planning/ project management.
- Proven leadership and organisational abilities to understand and manage budgets and people matters relevant to the operation of primary health care environment.
- Proven communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with the ability to work constructively with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal health issues and understanding of Aboriginal history, culture and aspirations and the role of community-controlled health organisation.
- Proven abilities in records management and the preparation of quality documentation including reports, letters, policies, and procedures.
- Understanding of the provisions of clinical services within the context of primary health care
- Possess strategic and analytical thinking, with the ability to work methodically with a proactive approach.
- The ability to motivate staff and facilitate positive change in a high-pressure, culturally diverse environment.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Sarena Ruediger on 08 8942 5400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Description
Service Coordination Manager PD
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by COB 10 May 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com