- Darwin location, Fulltime
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
Are you someone that is passionate about Indigenous health?
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity?
We have the role for you!
Take on an important role improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the opportunity
You will be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of Education and Training activities across Danila Dilba Health Service, including DDHS trainee programs , professional development and skill maintenance.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Coordinate and support DDHS training programs such as AHP Traineeships, GP Registrar placements, Student placements
- Provide practical skills training to trainees, GP Registrars and Students during their period of placements within DDHS
- Prepare, deliver, document and evaluate all aspects of training and assessment for DDHS trainee’s enrolled in respective training programs, including;
- Assist students to maintain records to provide ongoing training and assessment progress outcomes
- Provide advice, advocacy and support to trainee’s and student’s as required
- Assist with recruitment, pre-assessment, selection and orientation of AHP trainee’s
- Develop and facilitate the induction and orientation process of new employees including trainees & students.
- Maintain the contracts email records and administration of the email facility.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the training life cycle – from consultation, planning, budget and implementation
- Design, implement and monitor the centralised online training work flow including training requests, approvals in line with team budgets and evaluation.
- Monitor DDHS onboarding process with the team and assist Managers as required
- Manage eLearning platform implementation across DDHS and initiate engaging and innovative online training resources development
- Assist DDHS in any training related projects and work collaboratively with other teams and stakeholders in particular the Service Excellence Coach and Senior Medical Officer
- Assist in maintaining up to date and accurate advertising and promotion of training/professional development opportunities.
- Liaise and act in a constructive, effective and timely manner with appropriate clinical and professional staff.
- Assist in the provision of training reports to the Manager – People and Culture on work output relating to training activities as required.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant degree in Learning and Development and/or 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Evidence of ability to apply contemporary educational, training and staff development strategies to a comprehensive primary health care environment to improve staff competence.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of technologies and materials development applications that support effective learning and teaching.
- Proven ability to work independently under broad direction and achieve identified objectives and outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills (both verbal and written) to a range of audiences and computer literacy skills, particularly around clinical information systems, eHealth initiatives and the Microsoft Office suite
For further information, please contact Sulal Mathai on (08) 8942 5400 or at email@example.com
- Position Description
Learning and Development Officer PD
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 19 April 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org