- Rapid Creek location, Full Time
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced Indigenous Outreach Worker to join our Rapid Creek Clinic Team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for working in partnership with Primary Health Care teams to support individuals and families to build resilience using an approach that builds on community and cultural strengths.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Maintain regular contact with clients within the scope of practice that have been identified by the clinic;
- Facilitate client referrals to specialist and other allied health services, both internal and external to DDHS, and when required: act as the liaison person on client’s behalf;
- Provide a range of health education messages, information and advice to clients and families about healthy lifestyles choices; (e.g. nutrition and physical activity, alcohol consumption, quit smoking programs and the importance of Aboriginal health checks);
- Undertake relevant assessments to identify client support needs, gaps in service delivery and potential service provision enhancement and report on such activities as necessary;
- Assist with planning, delivery, and evaluation of specific health program and community activities;
- Participate in regular meetings with the team to record health program report, and client’s feedback in regard to the delivery of programs and services provided;
- Assist with client follow up and recalls as directed and coordinated by the Clinic Coordinator;
- Assist with the establishment of an Interagency Meeting for service providers involved in Town Communities to address client needs, gaps in service provision and minimise duplication of services.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to work within and maintain strict confidentiality guidelines and policies;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds to both obtain and convey information relevant to their care;
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history, and an understanding of social, health and wellbeing issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons.
- The ability to interact with a range of health professionals including medical practitioners and allied health professionals;
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, with an ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks and resources to deliver outcomes within time and budget considerations;
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Word and Excel (or similar).
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Andrea Roe on 0409 505 219 at Andrea.Roe@ddhs.org.au
- Position Description
To download the selection Criteria, Please
Download Selection Criteria here
- Closing date
Applications must be submitted by 28 September 2020 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
• Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
• Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues please contact email@example.com