- Darwin location, Full Time (Fixed Term)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced Head of Clinical Governance to lead our Health Systems Team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The successful candidate will have lead responsibility for systems and governance improvements to support DDHS staff and GPs to deliver high quality, effective and culturally safe primary health care. Ensures that Health Systems team is supported to deliver consistent safety and quality systems across DDHS clinics.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Ensure effective governance frameworks, plans and procedures are established, implemented and maintained across the clinical governance function including clear Key Performance Indicators, targets and reporting
- Clinical excellence - Ensure that services meet the standards of excellence for primary healthcare, ethics, scientific merit, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Clinical governance - Manage the provision of a significant clinical governance specialty within DDHS. Provide clinical support to internal teams by developing and implementing effective clinical governance frameworks.
- Leadership and direction - Holds overall responsibility for leading and directing GP clinical support.
- Improvement/Innovation – Collaborate with DDHS Leadership team to formulate and implement continuous improvement initiatives to achieve clinical excellence, while managing the development and/or delivery of a significant element of the organisation's change management program
- Legal and regulatory affairs – Ensure compliance with clinical legal and regulatory requirements within the organisation
- Policy development and implementation - Builds clinical frameworks and policies that achieve compliance standards and allow for the execution of organisational strategy.
- Performance development - Develops short and long term objectives for employees and takes responsibility for implementing and coordinating a performance development culture for the department.
- Advocacy - Acts on advocacy opportunities related to the organisation's community and clients.
- Ensure systems are in place to optimise the uptake of Medical Benefits Scheme items to support financial sustainability and alternative revenue generation
- Participate in the evaluation of major national and regional health initiatives
- Oversee the GP Registrar and Student programs
- Ensure data, reporting and compliance obligations for services are met
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Registration as a General Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Extensive strategic and clinical leadership skills at a senior level in accredited general healthcare operations, Public Health or multidisciplinary clinical practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of costing and budgeting, clinical reporting, evidence-based practice and the ability to minimise risks to the organisation
- High level research skills, strategic and analytical thinking with the ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services and their issues.
- Demonstrated ability in building a culture of creativity, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Superior skills in relationship management, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution with the ability to work constructively with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of State/Territory and Federal Government agencies and funding arrangements and proven experience in managing funded programs
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Olga Havnen on 08 8942 5471 or at Olga.Havnen@ddhs.org.au
- Position Description
To download the selection criteria, Please
Download Selection Criteria here
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 28 September 2020 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria, and
- Current resume.
If you experience any issues with your application please contact email@example.com