- Darwin location, Full Time and Part Time (Multiple Positions) - note: one role is fixed term and located in the Respiratory Clinic
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced General Practitioners to join our team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a range of culturally appropriate comprehensive primary health care services to clients of Danila Dilba Health Service.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Provide clinical services to clients in the acute setting while applying the principles of chronic disease management to appropriate cases.
- Participate in primary health care service delivery and development.
- Participate in screening, recall, follow up and referral processes.
- Partake in clinical audits
- Participate in Registrar, Aboriginal Health Worker and medical student supervision, education and staff development sessions to upgrade skills.
- Contribute to operational system reviews and improvement.
- Utilise Communicare client management system, HIC online and other associated systems to ensure that client records are maintained accurately and meet all legal obligations;
- Utilise adult health check assessments and care planning for all clients.
- Be effective and efficient in ensuring timely billing for Medicare, PIP and SIP payments.
- Promote the role and importance of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health organisations within government and the community.
- Advocate for and represent the interests of Danila Dilba locally and nationally.
- Conduct all activities in a manner consistent with Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare guidelines;
- Undertake any other duties at the request of the Practice Manager which are considered relevant to the position and the level of classification for the position.
- Represent Danila Dilba at meetings, seminars, conferences and functions as appropriate
Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Registered as a General Practitioner with AHPRA;
- Minimum of two years clinical experience;
- Hold relevant professional indemnity insurance;
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds;
- Demonstrated high standard of written skills in the preparation of reports, general correspondence and documentations;
- Strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks and resources to deliver outcomes within time and budget considerations;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team in a cross cultural and complex environment;
- Understanding and respect of the importance of the role of Aboriginal Community Controlled organisations, Aboriginal Health Workers and other indigenous staff in Aboriginal Health and be willing to respect and support the Danila Dilba Health Service, Aboriginal Health Worker First policy;
- Understanding and/or awareness of the concepts of Aboriginal self-determination;
- A detailed understanding how Medicare works
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
Please ensure that you provide a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current resume.
For further information, please contact Human Resources on 08 8942 5400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 10 August 2020
GP - Respiratory Clinic