- Darwin location, Full Time
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Financial Controller to join our expanding team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
You will be responsible for managing the financial and accounting operations of Danila Dilba Health Service (DDHS), developing, and overseeing the whole financial management system.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Oversee accounting operations
- Day -to-day management payroll and accounts payable/receivable
- Manage billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting, inventory accounting, payroll and revenue recognition
- Identify accounting and financial issues and suggest timely solutions
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Manage quality control over financial transactions and reporting
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial statements and annual reports
- Monitoring internal controls
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Manage and comply with legislative reporting requirements
- Maintenance and documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Managing and maintaining relationships with auditors and banks
- Solving technical accounting issues
- Oversee financial systems and system upgrades
- Identifying areas to improve business efficiencies and reduce costs
- Are you the right person?
You will have:
- Minimum of ten years as a Financial Controller/Accountant;
- Bachelor degree or Masters qualifications in Finance or Accounting with professional qualifications as a CPA or CA
- Outstanding knowledge of accounting principles and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience with creating financial statements and general ledgers;
- Ability to motivate and lead a team;
- High level of problem-solving and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a productive team member within a multidisciplinary team in a cross cultural and complex environment;
- High level experience using financial accounting software and Microsoft suite of applications;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Beverly Wenitong on 0436 939 296 or at email@example.com
- Position Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 22 February 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org