- About us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the opportunity
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of high-level public health nutrition and dietetic services to people in Danila Dilba Health Services Active Mob Program and DDHS Kids Program and will contribute to the planning, development, and implementation of programs/services with an emphasis on continuous quality improvement.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Provide timely, clinically, and culturally appropriate Nutrition and Dietetics services within a multidisciplinary framework.
- Provide expert advice on program and clinical issues within Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Provide leadership, supervision, mentorship and education to staff and students. Initiate implement and complete continuous quality improvement and service development activities at a local or regional level to ensure delivery of contemporary Nutrition and Dietetics services.
- Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies, and procedures relating to the work being undertaken to ensure high-quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary team leadership practices and role modelling behaviour in accordance with the TEHS Organisational Culture Charter.
- Maintaining quality client medical records.
- Understand how the social determinants of health (environment, economic and social inequalities) have a profound impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
- Employ a holistic, culturally appropriate approach to the client, drawing out cultural or social issues which may be impacting the client.
- In consultation with other team members, work to develop and implement solutions to client needs (e.g. referral to relevant service providers for support regarding accommodation, finances, well-being, and daily living, etc.)
- Use sensitive communication (yarning) approaches to check a client’s understanding of their issues and any medical treatment or medications required to improve their health.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Nutrition and Dietetics to enable full/provisional membership of the Dietitians Association (DA) and current APD credential.
- Extensive post graduate experience in providing contemporary high-level clinical Nutrition and Dietetics services to client/s and families/carers.
- Proven ability to independently plan, prioritise and complete a high-volume complex workload within a changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical supervision of students and staff and a commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of Aboriginal culture and proven experience in working effectively with patients and families/carers of diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
- Proven high-level communication and interpersonal skills, including well developed negotiation and conflict management skills, with significant experience working in a team environment to achieve non-clinical and clinical outcomes.
- Proven ability to initiate, implement and complete continuous quality improvement and service development activities.
For further information, please contact Carla Priest on 08 8942 5400 or at email@example.com
- Position Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 07 December 2020 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org