- Palmerston location, Part-time (Fixed term)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced individual to work with specific programs across our services as the Dentist. This role will have a focus on children and young people with access to dental services under the child Dental Benefits Schedule. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service (DDHS) is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide high quality, culturally appropriate Dental services to DDHS Clients. You will be required to participate in the development of child health services appropriate to meeting the needs of DDHS.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive primary oral health care involving assessment, prevention, early detection, referral, oral health promotion and community development
- Perform dental examinations to determine a diagnosis, develop a treatment plan and use a minimal intervention approach to treatment.
- Provide significant emphasis on oral health education at individual dental consultations.
- Ensure appropriate referral of clients for specialist services for further examination and treatment,
- including x-ray requests forms and referral letters where appropriate
- Provide professional guidance and support for dental assistants
- Collaboration with members of the DDHS multidisciplinary team and external service providers within government and non-government organisations to facilitate care and follow to support optimal health outcomes.
- Oversee the radiation hygiene and infection control practices in the clinic.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Dental qualifications and current registration as a Dental Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated application of professional oral health knowledge and experience in the independent selection of procedures for the clinical assessment, prevention, diagnosis, advice and treatment of commonly encountered oral diseases and oral health problems.
- Sound knowledge of Dental clinical practice, together with demonstrated commitment to maintain and update such knowledge
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team, with strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks;
- Proven communication skills with an ability to engage and interact effectively with people from diverse cultures, and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a digital dental environment, including but not limited to electronic oral health records, digital imaging and telehealth systems
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Jenna Mach on 0427 818 151 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 01 February 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com
Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)