- Darwin City location, Full Time
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced Community Support Worker to join our Community Services Team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The successful candidate will provide information, education, basic counselling, advocacy, assessments and brief interventions in clinical and outreach settings, to encourage clients to modify their substance use habits and ultimately undertake AOD treatment and rehabilitation where relevant.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Provide support to individual clients and families to improve access to relevant health care services including AOD residential rehabilitation and treatment services.
- Provide ongoing support to clients whilst they undertake rehabilitation and treatment for AOD issues including the provision of intensive support to clients participating in AOD Relapse Prevention programs.
- Assist in the delivery of diversionary activities to individuals and families in an attempt to encourage them to modify their drinking habits.
- Establish and maintain networks with internal stakeholders and external agencies to facilitate client access to relevant services such as housing, Centrelink etc.
- Participate in the development of written feedback in a monthly report to the Team Leader Deadly Choices
- Assist and participate in the program planning, delivery and evaluation of the Deadly Choices healthy lifestyles program
- Maintain accurate, legible and up-to-date client records using the Patient Information and Recall System (Communicare).
- To link across other DDHS program areas to provide a holistic approach to better client care.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience working in or delivering AOD/Community Services to Indigenous people in an outreach setting;
- Demonstrated experience working with Indigenous people and the ability to communicate effectively and in a culturally appropriately manner;
- Ability to undertake work in the community with demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately with a range of health/welfare clients and colleagues, including providing written correspondence to supervisors when required;
- Ability to plan and deliver culturally appropriate services or Community events and activities which strengthen community capacity so that families can provide for family members with minimum dependence on external agencies; and,
- Demonstrated written skills in the preparation of detailed reports, general correspondence and documentations, as well as demonstrated computer skills with the ability to enter information into client history notes.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Patricia Raymond on 0457 859 125 at Patricia.Raymond@ddhs.org.au
- Position Description
To download the selection criteria
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 28 September 2020 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues please contact email@example.com