- Darwin location, Fulltime
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced individual to join our Bagot Clinic as the Clinic Team Leader. Take on an important role improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We will provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of quality, culturally sensitive, comprehensive primary health care clinical service program at Bagot Community Clinic, which is aimed at improving the health status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents of the greater Darwin region.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Responsibilities include:
- Provide best practice, evidence based acute care including emergency care according to CARPA guidelines.
- Maintain clinic emergency room to DDHS and AGPAL standards.
- Supervise operational and clinical services and staff, and intervene when required to ensure appropriate rostering of staff, client workflow management, compliance with agreed service levels and national health accreditation standards so performance targets are met and exceeded wherever possible
- Provide quality leadership to & management of team members (recruitment, performance management & development)
- Assist GPs and other clinical staff as required including visiting health professionals and specialists Danila Dilba Health Service
- Coordinate external clinical requests as required for clients not eligible for Care Coordination services • Ensure data, reporting and compliance obligations for services are met
- Implement relevant policies and procedures to ensure clinical and legal compliance
- Monitor operational budget ensure purchases are within budget and level of delegation • Monitor and ensure maintenance of Clinic stocks including cold chain management • Effectively manage complaints from a range of stakeholders (clients, staff and service providers)
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Proven clinical competence in a clinical practice environment
- Demonstrated leadership and organisational abilities to understand and manage budget and people matters relevant to operation of a clinic
- Proven communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with the ability to work constructively with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds and multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven cross-cultural competence relevant to the DDHS environment.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal health issues and understanding of Aboriginal history, culture and aspirations and the role of community-controlled health organisations
- Proven abilities in clinical records management and the preparation of quality documentation including reports, letters, policies, and procedures.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters!
For further information, please contact Sharni Cardona on 08 8942 5492 or at email@example.com
- Position Description
Clinic Team Leader
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 01 February 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
If you experience any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and Current Resume (CV)