- Darwin location, Full Time (Fixed Term)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for a dedicated and experienced Case Manager to join our fantastic Youth Diversion team. Take on an important role where you will support Danila Dilba to continue to improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by providing ICT capability to the organisation. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting young people involved in the justice system to implement positive lifestyle changes, re-engage with the community and reduce re-offending.
- You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
- You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
- You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
- You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
- You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Responsibilities include:
- Apply effective communication techniques to build and maintain relationships with clients and colleagues, including those from diverse cultural backgrounds and linguistic needs, based on respect and trust.
- Develop co-operative working relationships with external agencies and providers to optimise client service delivery and referral.
- Perform work within a legislative and ethical framework to ensure the provision of high quality service delivery which supports the rights and interest of clients.
- Undertake a range of administrative activities (including comprehensive case notes and reporting), in line with the Funding Agreement and Legislative requirements.
- Create a safe learning environment that fosters participation, and implement strategies to meet the requirements of clients with complex needs.
- Apply an in-depth knowledge of restorative justice principles and practices to all case work activities and support clients through restorative justice processes, including family and victim offender conferences
- Identify the relationship between factors which influence young people’s offending behaviour and evidence of effective practice in working with young offenders.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in the provision of case management in the youth sector.
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal children and families, youth and adults and those affected by Stolen Generations’ policies and practices;
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to effectively engage and to provide support services to young people who present with challenging behaviour.
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary team structure
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with clients, carers and other professionals from diverse cultures;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written reports of a high standard and;
- Proficiency in the use of electronic information systems for the maintenance of clinical and service delivery records.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Jenon Batty on 0408 278 467 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Description
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 30 August 2021 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Current Resume (CV)
If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com