Darwin (Bagot) location - Fulltime
- Be at the heart of our vital work in Indigenous primary healthcare
- Attractive salary and opportunities to learn and progress
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and passionate Registered Nurse to join our team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by listening to, and building trust with, our clients and the wider community. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the opportunity:
You will make a real impact with us, connecting our health practitioners and wider team with our clients and community. You’ll join a united team, truly dedicated to our mission.
Your role will involve providing quality care coordination for referred clients with chronic disease and complex needs to support them accessing relevant services. You will collaborate with different teams and external service providers to facilitate programs and reach stronger outcomes. We want you to bring your passion for helping others in the Community to improve their health and wellbeing.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to grow your skills and progress your career
As part of this role, you will:
- Arrange appropriate services for clients in line with their client management plan
- Assist clients to adhere to treatment programs and develop chronic self-management skills
- Participate in cross-cultural education as well as assist and participate in staff induction and orientation
- Be responsible for your professional development by attending relevant workshops and in-services and self-auditing to maintain professional development as required.
- Maintain client file notes and medical histories in our PIRS system
Are you the right person?
- Qualification as a health professional (e.g. Nurse or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioner) and current registration with AHPRA. [Consideration may be given to other appropriate qualifications/ training in specific circumstances and in consultation with the Department of Health.
- Proven well-developed knowledge of, and contemporary experience in, working with clients with chronic health conditions (e.g. diabetes, cancer, respiratory and / or cardiac disease) and relevant management strategies.
- Knowledge of the social determinants of health (environment, economic and social inequalities) that have a profound impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to use culturally sensitive ways to ensure improved client access to DDHS and/or other health services.
- Understanding of practical realities facing clients to build a culturally sensitive health plan which increases client ownership and self-determination.
- Well-developed knowledge of relevant health and related services in the Darwin region (or ability to develop this knowledge).
- Proven teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to constructively negotiate outcomes with a diverse range of people and service providers.
- High level of personal resilience and flexibility with the ability to deal with challenging situations.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Charmaine Starr on 0427 189 942 or at Charmaine.Starr@ddhs.org.au
Applications close: 10 February 2020
Care Coordinator Position Description