- Darwin (Malak Clinic - ANFPP) location – Fulltime
- Be at the heart of our vital work in Indigenous primary healthcare
- Attractive salary and opportunities to learn and progress
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and passionate Administration Support Officer to join our team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by listening to, and building trust with, our clients and the wider community. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
About the opportunity:
You will make a real impact with us, connecting our health practitioners and wider team with our clients and community. You’ll join a united team, truly dedicated to our mission.
Your role will involve providing administrative support to ANFPP and support clinic reception functions including actioning client recalls and reminders.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to grow your skills and progress your career
As part of this role, you will:
- Provide receptionist duties to clients presenting to Danila Dilba Health Service clinics.
- Provide administrative support duties for general manger and ANFPP nurse supervisor.
- Support new ANFPP client referrals process
- Review and action relevant client recalls and reminders as delegated.
- Monitor stationery/stock and order as per established procedures.
- Participate in and minute relevant ANFPP and clinic meetings.
- Undertake ANFPP support tasks to ensure clients and staff have up to date information, including maintenance of ANFPP forms, program and educational materials, and client contacts as requested by the nurse supervisor.
Are you the right person?
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in office administration and/or reception;
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills with an ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team, with strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks.
- Demonstrated competency in the operation of Microsoft Office and similar software programs;
- Essential - Highly developed communication and liaison skills with experience in interacting with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds;
- Reliable and punctual with a high level of self-motivation and innovation in the workplace.
- Preparedness to undertake and complete all ANFPP training and other workplace training as required with a willingness to travel interstate for training.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
For further information, please contact Florence Morcom on 429 089 172 or at Florence.Morcom@ddhs.org.au
Applications close: 10 August 2020
Administration Support Officer