- Darwin location, Full Time (Fixed Term)
- Have a real impact on the health and wellbeing of our Indigenous communities
- Work with a down to earth team, dedicated to what we do
We have a great opportunity for dedicated and experienced Aboriginal Health Practitioner / Registered Nurse to join our Mobile Clinic Team. Take on an important role where you’ll improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians by reaching out to the community and promoting better health choices. We’ll provide great learning opportunities, giving you the chance to grow your skills and progress your career.
- About Us
Established in 1991, Danila Dilba Health Service is a community organisation providing comprehensive primary health care to Biluru communities in the Yilli Rreung Region of the Northern Territory. We aim to improve the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and social wellbeing of our clients through innovative comprehensive programs based on principles of equity, access, empowerment, determination and collaboration.
- About the role
The successful candidate will increase access to primary health care services for vulnerable Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander people living both within the Darwin / Palmerston town camps and itinerant lifestyles of the Yilli Rreung Region. In addition, you will provide a support role to other health practitioners both within the organisation and the community.
You’ll IMPACT the community, helping close the gap in Indigenous healthcare and wellbeing, one helping hand at a time.
You’ll be PROUD, both of the work you do and who you work for.
You’ll work with a TEAM, alongside people who are down to earth and truly dedicated to what we do.
You’ll EXPERIENCE and learn something new every day through the variety of your role.
You’ll embrace the OPPORTUNITY to progress your career - follow your path at Danila Dilba.
- Be a first point of contact for identified clients, including completing an initial diagnosis, treatment and referrals as necessary (SODAF).
- With guidance from a senior clinician work as per CARPA guidelines:-
- Screen patients and treat according to standards and patient’s journey;
- Identify ‘at risk’ clients, e.g. older people, youth and children;
- Monitor/maintain client group recalls;
- Perform health checks;
- Provide advice about healthy lifestyles, e.g. nutrition and physical activity, alcohol consumption and quit smoking programs through brief interventions;
- Refer to complimentary DDHS programs; link closely with local communities and support existing primary care services.
- Provide early intervention, coordinated care and information and referral services
- Assist other clinical staff within mobile team and clinics including visiting health professionals and specialists.
- Are you the right person?
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration as an AHP / Nurse with AHPRA with demonstrated clinical experience.
- Experience or willingness to deliver syphilis outbreak education to community & Point of Care training for staff members
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, liaison, negotiation and conflict resolution with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds;
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of sexual health and Primary Health Care within Indigenous Health;
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history and knowledge of issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team, with strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to plan, manage and prioritise tasks;
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Word and Excel (or similar) as well as the ability to use clinical practice software;
- Demonstrated high standard of written skills in the preparation of detailed reports, general correspondence and documentations with an understanding of confidentiality.
We want you to be proud of both the work you do and of who you work for! Follow your path at Danila Dilba - where every person matters.
Please ensure that you provide a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current resume.
For further information, please contact Malcolm Laughton on 0474 153 220 or at Malcolm.Laughton@ddhs.org.au
- Position Description
Download Selection Criteria here
- Closing Date
Applications must be submitted by 28 September 2020 via the online portal.
To be considered all applications must include:
If you experience any issues please contact email@example.com
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria, and
- Current Resume (CV)